The Motorline Group is the trading name of a group of companies operated by Motorline Holdings Limited and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006 ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR), the data controllers and their Information Commissioners Office (ICO) registration numbers are:
· Motorline Limited Z882009X of Broad Oak Road, Canterbury, Kent CT2 7RB
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.motorline.co.uk (our site), such as – name, email address and telephone number. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
· We do not sell your information to third parties however we may disclose your information to authorised third parties, manufacturers and suppliers who fulfil business activities for us.
· We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
· If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
· We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
· Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
· Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
· To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
· To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
· To notify you about changes to our service.
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If any part of the Motorline Holdings Limited or any of the subsidiaries in the Motorline Group substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you
· Have any inaccuracies contained therein corrected
· Have your personal data erased (the right to erasure does not apply in every circumstance such as compliance with legal obligations. Further information is available through the ICO)
· Have a restriction placed upon our processing of our data
· Object to any processing activities you may be subject to by us
· To request your data be provided to another processor if you so wish
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
With the changes to data privacy laws effective from 28 May 2018 you have more control over how your personal data is used and how you are contacted. You can change your mind at any time, your preferences can be amended by visiting https://www.motorline.co.uk/data-preferences/.
You have the right to:
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.